We are in a good location.
A little bit of Mandalay Tavern is located in a tranquil ambience just one block (5 minutes walk) away from the well-known Rupar Mandalar Resort, and very close to Hotel Shwe Pyi Tha (Premier Best Western) and Ayeyarwaddy International School. Major tourist-sites are only minutes away too.
The fact that we are just minutes away from city’s highlights allows our guests to explore Mandalay easily and with convenience.
- Mandalay International Airport is 50 minutes drive from the TAVERN.
- Diamond Plaza and Sky Walk Mall are the leading shopping malls where you can buy even the latest trend items. Located in China Town Market area - home to a huge market for great shops. - 10 minutes drive.
- Zegyo Market is the biggest wholesale market in upper Myanmar and still an all-time favorite for people who appreciate various products. – 15 minutes drive.
- Jetty of Ayeyarwaddy River is lively from the rising of the sun to its setting. People even live on the boats and in the huts on bamboo rafts. – 15 minutes drive.
- Palace and Old City Wall date back from 1857. Bombed by Allied Troops during WWII but the old city wall still remains intact. – 5 minutes drive.
- Kuthodaw Pagoda is known as the World’s Biggest Book Pagoda for its 729 marble slabs inscribed with Buddhist Scriptures. – 10 minutes drive.
- Golden Palace Monastery was original teak chamber of King Mindon from the palace. Turned into a monastery after his death. Was undamaged during WWII as it was relocated outside the city wall before the war. Famous for its exquisite wood carvings. – 10 minutes drive.
- Mandalay Hill offers scenic views of the city especially at sunset. – 10 minutes drive.
There are much more to be explored and experienced. Our staff will be happy to advise and guide you. We are at your service!